FedEx: small businesses are in favour of global trade
Select language to see a machine translation of this article. The original language of the Article is English and the translation is provided for your convenience.

FedEx: small businesses are in favour of global trade

According to global freight shippers FedEx, small businesses are in favour of expanding global trade. The company recently released its second FedEx Trade Index – the result of a survey of small business leaders in the U.S. – and found that 84% of participants agree that expanding trade with other countries is a “good thing”. That number is up from last year, when 77% favoured more trade between the U.S. and other countries. 80% also felt that more trade would increase the U.S. economy, and 76% saw it as a creator of jobs and opportunities.

sm bus

SOURCE: The Business Journals

Raj Subramaniam, the company’s executive vice president and chief marketing and communications officer, said in a press release:

“These results show even more American small business leaders support expanding trade than last year. One thing is certain — small business leaders continue to view the growth of global supply chains and trade as beneficial to American workers.”

The survey was conducted by Morning Consult on FedEx’s behalf, and included 1,592 small business executives. Of those, 69% were owners, presidents and CEOs, and the remaining 31% were senior executives, such as directors and managers. The majority of businesses represented (58%) had 20 or fewer employees, while 21% had between 20 and 99 employees, and another 21% had between 100 and 500 employees.

FedEx itself is an enormous global presence, with a presence in 220 countries, 400,000 employees, and revenues of $50.4 billion in 2016. So the company should be cheering these results: businesses that want to trade overseas have to get their products there somehow.


Dominion holds FedEx in its Global Trends Ecommerce Fund.

If you would you like to receive the Newsfeeds daily, please click here to sign up now!

Help us make this Newsfeed better by rating this article. 1 star = Poor and 5 stars = Excellent
0.0/5 rating (0 votes)

The views expressed in this article are those of the author at the date of publication and not necessarily those of Dominion Fund Management Limited. The content of this article is not intended as investment advice and will not be updated after publication. Images, video, quotations from literature and any such material which may be subject to copyright is reproduced in whole or in part in this article on the basis of Fair use as applied to news reporting and journalistic comment on events.